Should Ithaca change the way it fills vacancies on the Common Council by holding a special election instead of filling the position through an appointment process?
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
This Week's Issue
Ithaca Police arrest individual suspected to be connected to recent burglaries
Fifth Ward Candidates Advocating for a more affordable Ithaca
NYSEG Cooperating with State in Billing Error Investigation
Tompkins County Sheriff Deputy Convicted on Perjury Charges
Ithaca Ale House: New Location, Same Great Burgers, Lots to Drink
- Ithaca Police arrest individual suspected to be connected to recent burglaries
- Tompkins County Sheriff Deputy Convicted on Perjury Charges
- Sheriff's Office Warns of Increase in Check Fraud
- Ithaca’s fist legal Cannabis Dispensary opened March 16
- City Working Group Developing New Plan to Address Homelessness in “The Jungle”
- Hometown Lacrosse Hero Returns to Help Penn State Top Cornell
- Man in Hospital After Bike Crash
- Cornell Student Amara Valerio Advances on ‘American Idol’
- Democrats Sweep Village of Dryden Election
- Be Our Guest
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- In Support of the Caroline Zoning Law (8)
- Downtown Ithaca 25 years later (5)
- Tompkins County Sheriff Deputy Convicted on Perjury Charges (4)
- OP-ED: Gun Factory Smokestack & Lake Street Public Park (4)
- Common Council to Vote on Public Safety Recommendations (3)
- Ithaca Police arrest individual suspected to be connected to recent burglaries (3)
- Debating Climate Science at Cornell University (3)
- Town Approves Tax Exemption for Volunteer Firefighters, EMT’s (3)
- Local Activists Call for End to Russian-Ukraine War (3)
- Cornell University will close Tuesday, March 14 due to the approaching winter storm (2)
- Department of Public Works Union Approves Labor Contract (2)
- Vying to Represent the Third Ward (1)
- Cayuga Health Opening New Cortland Location (1)
- Chili Cook-Off Coming to Downtown Ithaca March, 4th (1)
- Cornell Student Amara Valerio Advances on ‘American Idol’ (1)
- Hometown Lacrosse Hero Returns to Help Penn State Top Cornell (1)
- Ithaca Good Cause Eviction Held Up by New York State (1)
- Lansing Town Forum Addresses Info Access for Residents (1)
- Bikes Stolen from Bike Walk Tompkins and Southside Community Center (1)
- Ithaca missing out on Downtown Revitalization Initiative Again (1)
- Ithaca is re-starting its search for a new police chief (1)
- Robert M. Covert II Promoted to Ithaca’s New Fire Chief (1)
- Community Justice Center to Hold Community Healing Event (1)
- Man in Hospital After Bike Crash (1)
- Preparing for Take Off: Airport Sets Sights for Recovery (1)
- Former members of Congress to offer ideas to counter extremism (1)
- Village Republicans Run on Lowering Taxes, Responsible Development (1)
- Cornell repatriates ancestral remains to Oneida Indian Nation (1)
Would you shop at a Downtown Farmers Market?
Like the Ithaca Times on Facebook!
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Welcome to the discussion.
This is a space for civil feedback and conversation. A few guidelines: 1. be kind and courteous. 2. no hate speech or bullying. 3. no promotions or spam. If necessary, we will ban members who do not abide by these standards.